BLINNK and the Vacuum of Space is a game designed with a profound focus on accessibility for autistic players. This VR sci-fi adventure takes you on an intergalactic escapade with your trusty robot companion, BLINNK.
A Universe Tailored for All
- A Game for Autistic Players, by Autistic Designers
- “BLINNK and the Vacuum of Space” is more than just a game; it’s a testament to the power of thoughtful design. Created by Alison and Nick Lang, who head Changingday, this game is a result of their six years of hard work and dedication. With an autistic daughter of their own, they set out to harness VR technology to create experiences that would resonate with players like her.
How Accessibility Shaped Every Level of the Space Station Norpopolis
- From the moment you step aboard the Space Station Norpopolis, it’s evident that every aspect has been meticulously crafted with accessibility in mind. Whether it’s navigating through alien landscapes or engaging in quirky interstellar tasks, the game ensures a comfortable and enjoyable experience for players of all backgrounds.
The Extraordinary Adventures of BLINNK
- Undercover Missions and Mischievous Groobs
- As you don the role of a Groob-wrangling hero, BLINNK guides you through a series of engaging missions. From spaceport security to dental hygiene at Nazel’s Dental Practice, the diversity of tasks keeps the adventure fresh and entertaining.
- The game’s brilliance lies in its ability to seamlessly transition between tasks that range from the mundane to the extraordinary. Whether it’s taking over for the bumbling security guard Bub at the spaceport or joining Nazel, Norpopolis’s dentist, to clean residents’ teeth, each mission is a unique and delightful experience.
Farming and Fishing on the Station Park: Meeting Quotas with Flek
- In the station’s vibrant park, you’ll assist the anxious park ranger Flek in maintaining order. Farming and fishing for extraterrestrial creatures become exciting challenges, all while ensuring Flek meets their quota.